Friday, September 26, 2008

Look what became of my procrastinating...

I'm supposed to be studying right now. But that's seems to be my life.

That's all I say to myself when I'm doing anything other than studying. This little voice appears in my mind, incessantly repeating obnoxious (but warranted) messages such as: "You should be studying", "You're going to regret this, because you should be studying", "You're falling behind in your studying", and "study. Study. STUDY".

However, if I had listened to that little voice, I wouldn't have stumbled across the prompt that stated, "Create a blog!". Alas! Here I am! Welcomed to the world of blogging with open...keyboards?? I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to write on here.

I tried to keep journals/diaries when I was younger. But those attempts were always abandoned. That's what happens when you have siblings, especailly when your diary filled with your most treasured secrets contains a lock made of 3 cent metal (aka. easily pried open). Or the book can be lost - I've done that too. I guess that it's more difficult to lose your computer...

I then return to the question that keeps popping up in my mind - how detailed should/can my posts be? Of course there will be no scandalousness or 'I love yous', but how much is too much safety wise?

Should I be worried about giving out my name?

I've always been a 'safe' internet user, but we all know that there's the creepy little pervs who wreck it for everyone. There's always privitizing the blogs, but I really don't want to do that. Not many people I know have blogs, so what's the point of writing when nobody reads it?
I'm on the fence.


Does anyone have any suggestions?

***********

Rule #1: Save your blog intermittantly. Don't navigate away from pages or else you will lose your very first (awesome) publication.

(I guess I'm not so tech savvy after all.)

1 comment:

Ms. Caddywumpus said...

And I'll be the first to comment on your blog, Ms. Bobbity.

I love you.

(I'm laughing very hard right now)

Oh, and keep the blog anonymous as possible, but don't let having an audience make you feel like you need to censor yourself, or else you end up having to move your blog two years in...oh, right.